The Borough of Shippensburg is located in the scenic Cumberland Valley of central Pennsylvania, right on the line between Franklin and Cumberland counties.
Shippensburg is a rural community located a short driving distance from many metropolitan areas including Washington, Baltimore, and Philadelphia.
Our quality of life was recognized when Shippensburg was ranked 27th in the second edition of Norman Crampton’s book The 100 Best Small Towns in America
NEWS AND UPDATES
• Memorial Park Pool Open House – Memorial Park Pool will be having an “Open House” on Memorial Day, Monday, 5/27/13 with the Rain Date 6/15/13. Free Admission to the pool – Games – Concession will be available. Hours Memorial Day Monday: 12:00pm –5:00 pm
• Shippensburg Borough Authority Meeting – The Authority meeting scheduled for May 14 has been rescheduled for May 21 at 7:00 pm.
• Borough Holiday Trash schedule – Memorial Day, Monday, May 27 is a Borough Holiday. Trash and recycling scheduled for pickup on May 27 will be picked up on Tuesday, May 28. Trash scheduled for pickup on Tuesday, May 28 will be picked up on Wednesday, May 29.
• Spring Cleanup/Bulk pickup week – The Borough will conduct spring cleanup/bulk pickup durning the week of May 13 – 17, 2013. The collection of materials will follow the same routes as the pick- up of residential refuse. Arrangements MUST be made through the Borough Office and paid for in advance of the pickup for any bulk items.
• Borough Board Vacancies – The Borough is currently accepting letters of interest for the Uniform Construction Code (UCC) Appeals Board.
• Residents are reminded that leaves, grass, sticks and other lawn refuse is not permitted to be blown into or placed in the street, except during fall leaf collection and then leaves only may be placed at the curb no earlier than one week prior to scheduled collection. This is to prevent storm drains from being blocked.
• ACT 44 Pension Services Disclosure Form: Disclosure Form
• Swimming pools require a building permit – Swimming pools that have the potential to hold 24″ or greater in depth of water require a building permit. This includes below ground, on ground, and above ground pools including inflatable pools.
111 N. Fayette Street, P.O. Box 129
Shippensburg, PA 17257
Office Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm
All forms and applications on this site require Adobe Acrobat® to view. You may need to download the software or upgrade to the latest Acrobat viewer to access them. Please click here to download the latest version.