Yard Waste Collection
The Borough of Shippensburg has established a curbside collection of yard waste. Such collection shall occur once in the spring and once in the fall, as determined by Borough Council. Collection will coincide with the Boroughs trash collection schedule.
The following rules apply:
- Items to be collected are leaves, garden residue, shrubbery trimmings, tree trimmings and similar material.
- Tree trimmings and shrubbery trimmings shall be no greater than two inches in diameter and three feet in length, and shall be bundled and tied with twine or cord string only, or placed in a container no larger than a 30-gallon trash can.
- Garden residue and leaves shall be placed in a container such as a 30-gallon trash can or biodegradable bags.
- No plastic bags.
- All containers and/or bundles shall be of a weight that will allow one person to easily lift and empty. In no instance shall the weight exceed 35 pounds.
- No grass will be collected.
- Material must be placed at curbside, not more than 24 hours prior to collection.
April 18 to April 22, 2016